Cute sloths! Concluding the sloth theme: When toying with variations of the sloth, I came up with a fuzzy looking version of the three-toed sloth face that is just too cute! Read on to find the easy 5-step tutorial for making this sloth face, based on my earlier tutorial for a two-toed sloth face. (Large version posted on Deviantart) Firstly, I must credit Chris Hildenbrand, whose "wood grain effect" tutorial on vector tuts+ helped me make the wood textured frame for the finished "sloth love" picture above. Now, on to the tutorial: Text only version:
Cute Three-Toed FUZZY Sloth Face in 5 Steps:
- Start with a two-toed sloth face, from my two-toed sloth face tutorial.
- Copy and past the head shape in place, and scale it down to 88%. (Shift+Ctrl+M)
- Use the pencil to draw around each eye using a stroke about 4px thick.
- Blur the inner face shape and each eye ring by about 5.
- Last, add colors and little white stars or circles in the eyes.